The latest homework assignment from “Supplies Me” workshop with Jane Davenport.
This is my first real attempt at colouring a face… I am so VERY pleased with it. I have always been more happy using graphite or lead pencils for the shading of everything I draw. But I can’t believe how my first really serious attempt at using colour turned out. I am so very pleased with it.
I can’t take all the credit as I feel my success is due to the wonderful teaching tallents of Jane Davenport. Her online classes are AMAZING! You have to experience them for yourself to know what I am talking about.
I have learnt one valuable lesson – to gain a true perspective on what you are drawing – take a photo of it and then view it on the computer screen. It wasn’t until I was ready to upload my drawing, took a photo and saw it on my screen that I realised that the eyes are out of perspective. So I need to learn how to draw eyes when the face is slightly tilted. …
Prismacolor for the face
A combination of Prisma pencils and Prisma art sticks for the hair.
For the background I used a combinatin of Windsor Newton watercolours and Caran D’Ache Neocolor II Watertsoluable pastels to create the colour, Distress Inks for the stamping (Stamps from Kaiser and another unknown brand) and some acrylic paints and sponging for the background cloud effect. I used Prismas to hand colour the birds. All created on cold pressed watercolour paper (not sure of the brand as I lost the cover page ages ago).
I just kept adding colour and elements until I was happy with it. I must have shown my husband the “finished” product a dozen times LOL