I learnt some valuable lessons last night with compliments of one of my acrylic paint dabber bottles….
1. Always, ALWAYS, wear an apron when using dabber bottles. OR change out off your favourite shirt – even if it is just for a little touch up on your art…
2. Do NOT, under circumstance, squeeze hard on a dabber bottle.
3. Be patient if the top of a dabber bottle top has dried out. Spritz and dab….. then dab some more and spritz again if needed…..
4. IF the dabber top has dried out before using it on your artwork, always test first on a scrap piece of paper.
6. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE SQUEEZE HARD ON A DABBER BOTTLE. Yes I repeated this as it was most probably my biggest undoing…
Why you may ask….????
Because if you don’t you will end up with the entire contents not only on the page you are working on but also all over your shirt, your chair, the floor, your desk and your artwork. The bottle just EXPLODES everywhere. And it will only every happen when you are wearing your favourite shirt.
NOTE: My favourite shirt is now my favourite art inspiring “apron not needed” piece of clothing…..